Hello, bakers. I recently visited my Großmutter yesterday, and I wanted to see if she had any great recipies for me to share with you all. She decided to go in her secret strongbox of recipies that she’s had since she was a kliene Mächien (little girl) in Canada (literally, there was a strongbox). She made sure das diese ones she picked were unlike anything you had seen before, and this is what she came up with:
To clarify, this is the first recipy:
Pistachio nut coffee cake
4 large eggs 1/2 cup of oil
1 cup of club soda 1 white cake mix
2 packages of pistachio instant pudding
1 tablespoon almond extract 1/2 cup cut cherries
1/2 cup chopped nuts
1. Mix everything together until well blended
2. bake at 350 degrees F for 1 hr in bundt cake pan
3. Ice top when cooled down (but she says the cake is best on its own)
Recipe number two (note that this is not intended to be part of the pistachio nut coffee cake):
5 cups of diced rubarb 5 cups of sugar
1 pound 8 ounce can of crushed pineapple
2 packages of strawberry jello powder
1. Put diced rubarb, sugar, and crushed pineapple in a pan, and
bring to a boil (no water) for 20 minutes, stir constantly.
2. Add Strawberry jello pouder.
3. Mix well, and pour into sterilized jar. Refrigerate.
My grandmother was given the recipy for the pistachio nut coffee cake from a friend, who told her that it was one of her mothers best recipies. The rubarb jam she gained from a nice old woman at her parrents retirement home. This one she is very fond of, note the . I hope that you enjoy them as much as she did.